Wire looping pliers can be quite beneficial when blending wire and beads. The tool has two sides- one side is similar to round nose pliers but is concave and the other side has three ridged edges. The three sizes is so that you can make three different sizes of perfect loops.
It takes time to practice and learn how to use these pliers.
Create a Loop
1. Place the pliers so the lower edge of the concave side sits on top of the wire where you want the loop.
2. Squeeze the pliers together and notice the wire curve as it is pressed against the concave side.
3. Bring the wire over the other side.
Create a Coil
1. Cut wire and grip the tip as though you are going to create one loop, but continue turning the pliers, keeping a grip with your thumb and forefinger.
2. When the tip appears, keep it on the left side and sandwich it between the pliers as you continue to coil.
3. Keep firm pressure on the wire, pushing the coil toward the ridge.
There are different size wire looping pliers so that you can make different size loops. Each project will require it’s own look, and with the proper wire looping pliers, you can ensure that from the smallest to the larges loop, your project is even and perfect.
- Small- 2mm, 3.2mm, and 4.5mm
- Medium- 5mm, 7mm, and 10mm
- Large- 13mm, 16mm, and 20mm
How to Use Wire Looping Pliers